One of the modern techniques to make students motivated to participate in classroom activities is to use materials that they can relate with and use easily. Facebook templates meet this criteria and have proven to be a real success within different educational settings.
Again the purpose is not Facebook per se, but to enhance students learning using templates that have the look and feel of this popular social networking site.
This engaging activity is a modern twist on character sketch or character analysis. With these Facebook templates, students will be able to construct a Facebook profile for a person of study – whether a fictional character or a famous historical figure.
This is a fun and highly motivating activity that will encourage your students to think deeply about characters, encourage cooperative work and great discussion, and keep students on task.
- There are two versions of this Facebook templates: one printable and one editable (students are given the file and can modify the template as they like on a word processing document)
- The bio page contains basic personal information, activities and interests of the character
- The timeline page has 2 sections for “status updates” and 1 for a “photo upload” which will really challenge students to think the way the characters do
- Each editable template has labels and text boxes so all the students need to do is to type their answer and insert photos
- There is also a simple rubric which you may use to grade student’s output
Above all, this can be used for any class!