Pictionary is an educational game allows students to convey the meaning of a term or concept through pictures. Having students draw their representation of a word allows for deeper understanding of the meaning of the word.
If you have been reading this blog for awhile, you know how much I love games and activities in the classroom. They so often are irresistable to disengaged learners and they can help many students show what they know in a different way.
Playing Pictionary is simple and easy:
- Divide your class into 2-4 teams.
- Have one student from each team come to the front and pull a card from the stack.
- Give students three options to describe the word on the list. They can describe by:
a) drawing (pictionary)
b) action (charades)
c) words (oral description)
- The rest of the team try to guess the word.
- Points given for each correct answer!
- UP TO 700 WORDS – This printable product contains editable pictionary word cards that you can laminate for long term use! Each card has up to 7 words (that’s 700 words total!) with varying points depending on the level of difficulty!
- CUSTOMIZABLE – These simple word cards can be used for any grade level! You can easily edit some words to suit your lesson or your students proficiency level!
Laminate the cards for long term use! This is a fun game to add to your bag of tricks!