Are you looking for an online teaching opportunity with a flexible schedule? What if I say you could wear PJs while doing it? A lot of China-based ESL companies are seeking passionate educators to teach English online to hundreds of thousands students in China – with the flexibility to teach from anywhere and earn competitive pay of up to $22 per hour!.
Control your own schedule, work remotely, AND change lives with these 3 leading global online K12 education leaders!
Teachers earn between $16-20/hour teaching at Qkids.
Qkids (formerly Funbulous) is one of the larger Online English Teaching companies out of China, while it keeps a low profile, the company is steadfast in its commitment to supporting its teachers and students. The company employs a staff of over 1,000 people who help support their awesome teachers in the US and Canada.
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Earned a bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a university program
- Digital literacy and the ability to lead an engaging learning atmosphere
- The minimum time commitment is 6 hours weekly
- Prior teaching experience or equivalent in education, tutoring, mentoring, homeschooling preferred
- English teaching certificates (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, ESL) preferred
- Technical requirements: a computer with stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity
- Teach English to young learners between 5-12 years of age through our online platform
- Teachers will be teaching classrooms with up to 4 students
- Our Class Coordination Team will handle scheduling and student assignment
- Each in-lesson time is 30 minutes – Up to 19 hours available weekly
- Training and support provided
- Curriculum is preset, no lesson planning required
Earn upto $16/hour (USD) teaching online with EF
Teachers with EF enjoy the ability to choose their own work-from-home schedule, ability to bring their own teaching style to our custom-designed classroom and receive local, US and UK-based support and payment . Teachers with EF earn up to $16 per hour.
- Ability to connect with kids!
- Native English (US or UK) speaker with a Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 40 Hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (or higher): submit now or provide when obtained at beginning of contract term
- Experience in early childhood development, teaching, coaching or mentoring is preferred, but not required. Life experiences count
- Excellent cultural awareness, communication and motivational skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of student engagement satisfaction
- Access to a headset, personal computer, and wired Ethernet connection
- Willing to complete an online Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, reimbursed after the successful completion of probation
- Deliver 25-minute high-quality and engaging one-on-one online classes to kids ages 6 to 10
- Communicate your availability for lesson hours with our easy-to-use scheduling system
- Have access to prepared lesson materials…and also find your own voice and style for teaching your students
- Give feedback to your students throughout the class and to their parents in post-lesson reporting
- Straightforward pre-teaching introduction, including EF-sponsored training
- Easy-to-use custom-designed admin platform and online classroom for remote teachers
- Access to our high-quality lesson materials
- 24/7 teacher support
- Local U.K. EF headquarters for easy communication and payment
- Paid holiday policy and EF pension participation
$14-$22/hr plus the opportunity to earn more through bonuses and referrals
VIPKID is the #1 platform for online english teaching in China. Having recently won #1 on Forbes magazines “Best work from home companies” list in 2018 amidst many other accolades, the company has been rapidly expanding. Based in Beijing, VIPKID is always recruiting awesome new teachers.
- Teaching experience of any kind including tutoring, coaching or mentoring (1 year)
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. or Canada
- A computer and headset
- A high-speed Internet connection
- Flexibility with no commute and no minimum hours
- Curriculum provided
- Opportunity to earn additional rewards
- An amazing community of 40,000 teachers
- Ability to participate in local events and conferences